Attorney Position with Facebook
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Lead Commercial Counsel to support its mobile, growth, Internet.org and other various teams’ commercial transactions. This is a full-time position and is located in our Menlo Park office. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts for strategic relationships, including development and distribution agreements, IP transactions, beta and user trial agreements, and platform integrations. You will need to provide creative and practical guidance to clients on different, potential legal and business strategies to help foster a thriving ecosystem of partners, vendors, and commercial deployments. The ideal candidate is comfortable with and responsive to rapid development and changes in direction as well as working with products and practice areas without much precedence. Diligent and proactive, you have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment, technical acumen and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook’s partnerships, business development, growth, engineering and product, and marketing teams.
Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners.
Collaborate with IP counsel, regulatory counsel, compliance counsel, product counsel, and other groups to ensure that partnerships and business models are appropriately established.
Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar (preferably CA).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience, including prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies and/or at an international law firm.
- Experience with complex technology transactions with mobile operators, OEMs, chipset vendors, infrastructure providers, and/or social networking platforms.
- Strong track record of negotiating major strategic transactions.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.