|Job Description||The role will involve working with a global team of attorneys to support McDonald’s Global IT and Digital organizations with their (1) deployments of technologies into international markets and (2) procurement of technologies.|
Represent the Legal department on cross-functional project teams charged with procuring and deploying technology and digital initiatives. This requires the attorney to:
· Actively participate on project teams to ensure that the technologies are not only architected to be compliant with applicable laws, but also designed to reasonably minimize potential brand risks;
· Identify and understand the potential legal risks associated with each initiative, and engage domestic and international attorneys with subject matter expertise to address such risks;
· Act as the primary legal support for each project team, and facilitate and manage the participation of all attorneys required for the project;
· Engage with and advise senior management charged with leading the project on legal and business issues.
Provide day-to-day legal and business advice to McDonald’s Global IT and Digital organizations. Such day-to-day advice includes collaborating with senior leadership of these organizations to develop corporate strategies addressing issues such as supplier management and information security and governance.
· J.D. degree and a license to practice law are required.
· 5+ years of experience.
· Experience with global technology and digital deployments, eCommerce, customer databases, mobile applications, cashless payment systems, and cloud hosting services is preferred.
· Knowledge of issues affecting technology and digital initiatives, including data privacy, protection and retention, cross-border data transfers, information security, employment, open source, E-discovery, intellectual property rights, and indemnities.
· Digital mind-set and understanding of social media.
· Corporate in-house experience within a global and/or franchised organization is preferred.
· Identify legal risks and issues, and provide advice to clients, on a broad range of technology and digital related initiatives and transactions;
· Develop innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives;
· Participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team; be a strategic partner and trusted advisor for the business clients;
· Effectively communicate with and influence clients at all levels of the organization, including senior management; establish proactive relationships with business clients as well as other members of the legal organization globally;
· Engage strategically in risk assessment and mitigation; and
· Find practical solutions to business challenges.
Significant commercial contracts experience, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising on sophisticated and complex contracts such as:
· Software licensing agreements (traditional and SaaS);
· Software/application development agreements;
· Cloud computing agreements;
· IT outsourcing agreements; hosting agreements;
· Hardware/middleware purchase agreements;
· Internet and mobile related agreements and policies;
· System implementation, deployment and integration agreements; and
· Services and consulting agreements.