In House- Supporting Marketing
A leading global luxury goods company is looking for a junior level attorney in support of marketing and digital teams reporting directly to the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel.
* draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including: consultant agreements, license agreements, work for hires, master services agreements, media/advertising/agency agreements, talent agreements, sponsorship/spokesperson/endorsement agreements and e-commerce agreements
* support day to day marketing, digital, mobile and social media initiatives
* draft rules for sweepstakes, contests and social media promotions and campaigns
* counsel and draft agreements for online advertising, email and user-generated marketing, data collection and analytics
* support digital teams’ technology needs
* privacy and data protection, including support of behavioral advertising, crafting and implementing privacy policies and drafting disclosures and consents
The position requires a solid academic background from a top law school, with at least three years of experience at a firm with a leading practice in the above areas. The candidate will be familiar with the terms and conditions of major social media platforms and will have an understanding of the technology space. Familiarity with trademark and patent matters is a plus. The candidate must possess strong drafting and communication skills, be business minded, self-motivated, a quick learner, independent worker, creative thinker and team player. Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills are essential.
AN ENTREPRENEURIAL CULTURE OF INNOVATION: Coty was founded in Paris in 1904 by François Coty, a visionary in the perfume industry. Today, Coty is a new emerging leader in beauty under the creative, entrepreneurial and visionary leadership of Chief Executive Officer Bart Becht. We are a truly global player with offices in more than 30 countries and a strong presence in over 130 countries and territories. Our global manufacturing presence, including Research and Development Centers of Excellence, are spread across locations in Europe, the United States and China.
With about 10,000 employees and corporate headquarters in New York, we still honor François Coty’s mission to “offer a product of rich appearance that is affordable at a variety of price points,” by offering products from ultra-premium luxury to entertainment/lifestyle and accessible price points to match the lifestyle of our consumers.
Diversity is the driving force behind Coty’s growth engine. Creativity is our fuel. Coty’s product categories include fragrance, color cosmetics and skin and body care. Brands we have strengthened with entrepreneurial and creative innovation include: Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Marc Jacobs, philosophy, Roberto Cavalli, Nautica, OPI, Rimmel, Sally Hansen.