Tomorrow, the EEOC will hold a hearing covering social media in the workplace. Here is a brief description of the meeting.
The Commission will hear from invited panelists on how the use of social media in the workplace is impacting the enforcement of equal employment opportunity laws. Participants will address a range of issues, including recruitment and hiring, harassment, and records retention and discovery. The Commission is scheduled to hear from the following confirmed panelists during the meeting (in order of appearance):
- Carol Miaskoff, Acting Associate Legal Counsel, EEOC, Office of Legal Counsel
- Rita Kittle, Senior Trial Attorney, EEOC Denver Field Office (via video teleconference)
- Lynne Bernabei, Partner, Bernabei & Wachtel PLLC
- Renee Jackson, Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Jonathan Segal, Partner, Duane Morris LLP; Managing Principal, Duane Morris Institute, testifying on behalf of the Society for Human Resource Management